BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 11, 2010

Being a Bondservant and Maturing in the Body of Christ

March 2009
I Steven am a bondservant to my Lord Jesus Christ. I give all praise and glory to Him who is my Teacher, my Master, my Lord, my King, my God, my all and my everything. I have laid my life down before the Lord it is no longer my own, I live only to do His will. It is His will that I write this down and share and teach as He is calling me to do so as that is the need He sees in His body at this time, that His children might rise up in Him and walk with maturity in His Spirit, seeking Him in all things being fully equipped to fight in the spiritual battles we face in this day. I hear you oh Lord and I answer your call with all my heart, soul and strength, I pray that I might be a clean vessel for your will Lord, that your will may be done in all things.

Time is short. Our Lord Jesus Christ is on His way and time is running out.
Revelation 19:7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and His wife hath made herself ready.

Assuredly we have been watching and can see that our adversary is moving and stomping in the world he is preparing for our Lord’s coming as even he knows the time is coming soon and soon his destruction will come. Satan is preparing and his ministry is moving. That is our enemy, even he is preparing. We must prepare ourselves as it says; His wife hath made herself ready. As a bride we the body must prepare individually and as a body for our Lord and Bridegroom’s return. This marriage is happening here on earth, even now, as the Lord says in Luke 20:34 And Jesus answering them said unto them, The Children of this world marry and are given in marriage: 35 But those which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage: There is a deeper meaning here we can see as the Lord opens our eyes, Praise the Lord! This marriage of the Lamb is happening now! In the present tense it is an ongoing thing!

How and what must we do to prepare for this marriage to our Lord? Two things we must do one before the other. First we must prepare individually, strengthening in the Word and growing to a new level of maturity in our walk where we walk in the righteousness of our Lord, the fullness of the protection He provides therein, walking on the straight and narrow path he provides at our feet lighting our way. Second, as mature believers walking in the might of the Lord we must join together as one, the Body of Christ, each of us strengthening one another as spiritual ligaments and muscles join us together through the covenant of His blood, bringing us to even new levels of understanding and maturity as a body, as one in Him with Christ at the Head. It refers to the body of Christ, the bride of Christ, singular not plural. Together we strengthen each other. But it runs deeper than that. The Lord has a grand plan, a great design to all His work; a chunk of eternity that He carved out in the universe in which we live, precisely timed according to His precision. No one person can see the entirety of the big picture, our God’s all-knowing mind with such infinite wisdom went into it. We are not capable of even containing such a thing in our limited brains as they are. As the body with Christ our Lord and God as Head, He can share with each of us a part of this grand mural as the brain passes information to parts of our bodies so that they might do their part in the whole, Christ does this in His body so that we might do our part to make the body whole.

Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female…

It is written that we are created in his own image; the word image means shade, phantom or shadow in the Hebrew. Think about when we stand in the light and cast a shadow, that shadow is two dimensional. Our bodies are three dimensional to the human eye and we are shadows of the Body of Christ which is four dimensional having breadth, length, height and depth, the fourth dimension, depth, being the spiritual realm.

2Corinthians 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Think on this; how beautiful is the design of the human body and all its systems and functions that each part plays and how the brain coordinates it all, that is but a shadow of the body of Christ and how the Body of Christ is intended to work. The Lord needs us to mature so that we may fulfill the function in the Body that He has designed for us. What would happen if one of our organs or limbs stayed the same since we were born? Never growing or only growing partly but not reaching full maturity? The body would be handicapped. Or if infection were left that decay might take over, amputation would be needed. The Lord needs us to run to Him in service that we might repent and be washed clean by His blood of the sin of the world which tries to infect us, that we might receive the spiritual food and discipline we need that we might mature to the fullness of His desire!

How can we as individuals rise to this level of maturity? It is simple we must lower ourselves. We must get on our knees, prostrate ourselves before our Lord and offer our lives in service to Him! Let go of all pride, all our selfish desires, empty ourselves so that we may be clean vessels ready to receive His Word, His Will and His Commandments. Make a solemn vow at our Lord’s feet to give our lives in service to Him. This opens the door wide for the Lord to move in our lives, for the Holy Spirit to fill us as He sees fit to do so, empty ourselves and commit to His will, commit to a single desire, to do His will, to serve Him! All praise and glory to our Lord and His plan for us! If we do this for our Lord with all our heart, soul and strength, we commit to a life of service and servitude, we are set free! Free from all the chains of sins and ministries of devils that confine this world and we soar with our Lord as we rise above to do His will! Amazing! We must understand that we are not allowed an opinion or a point of view, if we are to follow God. Our Lord is the author of truth and absolute truth comes from Him. His is the only true opinion and point of view. Therefore if we wish to walk in righteousness and in service to our Lord, we must bring all aspects of our life into the Lord’s point of view as to how we should live. Think of it like this; you are standing on a narrow bright shining path that extends as far as you can see in front of you.
“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.” (Matthew 7:13-14)
“Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.” (Psalms 119:105)

There are many different categories in your life, some are in the boundaries of the path and others extend outside the boundaries of the path. Our God is a loving God and He sets boundaries in His Word, rules, laws and commandments so that we may find our way to Him and receive all the blessings and protections He wishes to bestow upon us. When areas of our life are not within these boundaries, it limits what the Lord can do in our life. Picture yourself on this path and then gradually work to bring each part of your life in line with the Lord’s Word onto the path He has set before you. As you do this and summit to His will you can move forward with the Lord guiding your way. The Lord our God has called each of us and is waiting for us to answer Him and put ourselves in a position to receive all the gifts and protections He is waiting to bestow unto us. The less we have hanging off this path sopping up the ways of the world dragging behind us, the faster we can move forward in our understanding and learning on this path of righteousness. This path of golden light He has laid at each of our feet is covered and protected by the righteousness of our Lord Jesus Christ; it is available to be free of sickness, disease and calamities. Free from the tribulations in the world now and to come, where no one can even lay hands on you! The Lord has given us all that we need to make it through this day and every day until our Lord does return! He has provided us a way out through the Covenant of the blood of our Lord Jesus Christ! Think about this the Lord wants us to be free to move to do His will and when we put ourselves in the position to openly receive His will and move forward with it on the chosen path He has designed for us He will give us all the protection we need to do this without hindrance! What a glorious God we have! Praise Him!
1John 1:15 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light and in him is no darkness at all.

God is holy and He is light, no darkness, no sin can exist in His presence. When we move to walk on this path of righteousness, we are to turn our thoughts captive to Christ and free from sin and bring each category of our life captive to the boundaries set by this path, set by the Lord’s Word, the Lord’s commandments. By doing this and repenting, abandoning all to our Lord, we are cleansed by the blood of Jesus Christ and are able to run freely as the Lord wills it a clean vessel that the Holy Spirit can move through freely as He desires it guiding us, protecting us so that His will might be done. The Holy Spirit desires to fill a clean vessel that has been cleaned thoroughly by the blood of our Savior Jesus Christ. When we work to bring all of our life under the covering of the righteousness of Jesus Christ we will feel the fullness of the Holy Spirit more and more. This is what we need to hunger for with all our mind, soul and strength! Ask yourself to what do you really hunger for? To what do you give your ear to hear?
Revelation 2:17He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

To him that overcometh through Jesus Christ will the Lord give to eat of the hidden manna which is the Holy Ghost! By listening to what the Lord says, obeying the scriptures, being baptized in the name of Jesus Christ and feeding not of any of which this world has to offer; being free then to hear the calm whispering voice of the Lord that we might follow Him and His ways. It is then that we can begin to really move and mature with the Lord and the Holy Spirit begins to teach us in earnest. We will become like well used vessels unto the Lord, that His Spirit might move through freely to take care of our needs and the needs of the Church, the Body of Christ.
1Corinthians 2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

This is where to start, do these things and the Holy Spirit will begin to teach you and instruct you in the deep things of the Lord. This is how we are weaned off the milk of the Word and move on to the meat, praise Him! The Holy Spirit gives us words, visions and dreams, this is the way He teaches us. Hold unto these things and keep them to yourselves as the most precious pearls of wisdom from the Lord. Wait be patient and the Lord will give you understanding as you compare the spiritual with the spiritual.
1Corinthians 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with the spiritual.

In Acts 10 when Peter received the vision on the roof of the tanner’s it says he meditated on it and he didn’t understand it fully till he did so and then obeyed and moved forward in faith as the Lord took him to Cornelius’s and showed him that the Gentile’s were to receive the Holy Ghost also. The Lord will instruct you and show you what to do with the things he teaches you.

Isaiah 28:9-10 Whom shall He teach knowledge? And whom shall He make to understand doctrine? Them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts. 10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little and there a little:

This is the way of the Lord, bit by bit He reveals His wisdom to us so that we may soak in the depth of it and in time as you grow in your trust in the Lord and learn to step out in faith; then the Lord will see that He can trust you with the gifts He gives you. Then there is a deeper relationship to be had with our Lord and this is described in Deuteronomy 15. It talks about the relationship between a slave and master when a Hebrew chose to sell themselves into slavery to pay off a debt. All of their needs were taken care of; they had want of nothing as they labored for their master. Then after the sixth year they were set free and sent away with everything they would need so that they would not have to sell themselves again. But there were those who loved their masters so much that they chose to stay.
Deuteronomy 15:16-18 And it shall be, if he say unto thee, I will not go away from thee; because he loveth thee and thine house, because he is well with thee; 17 Then thou shalt take an aul , and thrust it through his ear unto the door, and he shall be thy servant forever. And also unto thy maidservant thou shalt do likewise. 18 It shall not seem hard unto thee, when thou sendest him away free from thee; for he hath been worth a double hired servant to thee, in serving thee six years: and the LORD thy God shall bless thee in all that thou doest

Those that chose to stay and serve their master out of love became a special bondservant, attached to the house forever by the aul. They became part of the family and were especially trusted by their master. This is the relationship that our Lord Jesus Christ desires with us, to have that special bond of trust. That He may attach the ear of our soul to the door of His house and keep us forever close to Him. Imagine the Body of Christ, the Holy Temple full of the Lord’s special bondservants that trust their Master Jesus Christ completely and the He trust explicitly with the matters of His House moving with His will as He instructs! Now that would be awesome to behold! This is available as we submit to His will, as we listen and obey, as we step forward in faith and grow in confidence with our Lord!

Our Lord Jesus Christ loves us more than we can possibly imagine. There was a time in my life not so long ago, where I stepped forward in faith trusting the Lord, listening to His own quiet voice. He took me to a small town in Arkansas where I ended up alone in a shack with no power or running water, barely any money left to my name, I was injured and crippled unable to moved from a couch even to feed myself or relieve myself. I had left all my family and friends behind several states away, the one whom I had trusted and moved in with turned on me as he gave himself over to the enemy. I had moved there giving everything up that I knew because the Lord had instructed me that He had something to teach me. You see I had torn the ligaments in my knee while moving in and it was the size of a soccer ball, I was in more pain than I can possible explain. While laying there on that couch unable to move or eat, gout arthritis set in both my feet and moved up to my knees and it seemed that that pain was even greater than the injury before. The man I had called friend whom was also living there gave into all kinds of temptation as I lay there and could only scream at me for not being quiet as I could only lay there moaning and crying out in pain. His angry grew as the enemy tempted his mind and he threw things around the house being gripped by tempestuous emotions as the devil invaded his thoughts to come against me. It is in that place that the Lord, our gracious God, brought me that I might learn what I needed the most; an utterly desperate hunger and need for Him, to completely and solely rely upon Him for all my needs! I cried out for Jesus my Lord! Jesus! I need you! It was then, graciously that He came to me and took me away, away from all the pain and torment to a small quiet place. He carried me away and comforted me placing my head upon His chest and wrapping his arms around me telling me it was all going to alright now, as I no longer felt the pain it was like a tiny prick linking me yet to my body which was in such a fevered state. He told me He wanted me to feel what He felt for me and He stood before me and like a river of living waters His love poured forth and I wept and wept. It is more than words can ever describe what I felt then. I cried out not thinking I could stand much more feeling that it might consume me so great was His love, yet I was so astounded with utter joy and wonderment of it all. It was then that my eyes opened to see the sun coming through the window in which I was in and I was a changed being and I cried for joy and wonderment in our Lord Jesus that He would grace me with such an experience, one so unworthy as I. I knew from then on I would do absolutely anything for my God who loved me so much. The Lord healed me, I was up and walking within two weeks, I did go to the hospital and they found nothing wrong with my knee, they thought it was a slight sprain, when before I knew something in it had torn as it was completely useless and I was unable to even move it, Praise His Holy Name! JESUS!

The Lord had filled me with His love, His peace, His comfort, His Spirit; the Holy Ghost! That was my baptism of fire! Praise God for His mercy and grace that He led me to such a place in my life and that I was able to listen to His whispering voice that He might have worked such things in me. I had a new outlook, a new point of view, as it was now Jesus our Lord who was given the reigns and guiding me as I had given my life to Him. I looked back and realized how little I had tried to serve Him in my life and let Him lead me back home to Wisconsin, where he took me to a new place called Beaver Dam. I found out from a sister in Christ who lives in Singapore half way across the world about a man named Pastor David J. Meyer, and read a newsletter online finding that he preached in a little church which was literally in my back yard, across the way. I walked through those doors the first time that Sunday just over a year ago having never heard a sermon, knowing this is where the Lord would have me serve now. I stand here today with the love of the Lord in my heart, serving next to a man in Pastor David who shares my love of the Lord and a passionate fire to serve the Lord with truth and conviction. Some days the Holy Ghost wakes me up and if not I wake up with a desperate hunger for the fire of the Holy Ghost to return that our Lord Jesus Christ might continue to guide me home. I pray that you too will come to know such hunger and be filled with His Spirit, His love, peace and comfort. I pray that these words might invigorate you and strengthen you, helping you find your way to the pathway that He has designed for you, that you might learn from Him and rise to a new level of maturity in Him, and your eyes be opened to the fullness of His desire to what is your function in His Holy Temple, Praise the Lord! Remember time is short, run to the Lord, run with a desperate abandonment as your very life depended upon it, because it does! We must repent on our knees and come to know Jesus Christ! That He might lead us and fill us with the Holy Ghost and the we may come together as mature Christians, tried and true servants for our Lord, ready to receive His instruction and ready to serve one another. He is coming so very soon! We must make ready for our Lord!

All Praise and Glory to Our Lord in His Holy Name, Jesus Christ. AMEN!
Humbly your servant,

Steven Moore
scm_tot@yahoo.com

0 comments: