BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I’ll See You Again

Looking up, expecting to hear your voice,
Looking back, wishing I still had the choice,

To knock on your door, say hello how are you?
I miss you dear brother, did you know that I love you?

Expecting any moment you might walk through the door,
With a smile, a hello and as always a “Praise the Lord!”

You set such an example, a standard, it was exemplary and true.
In every deed and action, the Lord I could see, at work in you.

Always a thought for others, everything you did give,
Within our Lord Jesus, each day you did live.

Never more humble, a man have I known,
Listening at your feet, oh how much I have grown.

Problems always seemed small with you at my side,
The Lord’s wisdom you had, in him you did abide.

You met so much to me I wonder what I might do.
Looking to tomorrow, without you to turn to.

You taught me better, to my Lord I must turn,
Now more than ever for my Jesus I do yearn.

My heart hurts, missing you each and every day,
Yet my soul rejoices, knowing with my Lord, you’ll forever now stay

You stood your ground and you endured till the end.
When Lord Jesus returns, Praise God, I’ll see you again.

Until then my brother, until then…

2 Corinthians 5:8
We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

For my beloved brother in Christ, David J. Meyer...Called home to be with our Lord Jesus Christ, June 8th, 2010.

0 comments: